North Burnaby Accounting firm looking for a full-time, permanent, mature, junior Staff Accountant. Preference given to CGA students who plan to continue to completion. We are a small-medium CGA firm with a small amount of audits, some US engagements, trusts, a large amount of T1s and other files. We are a looking for a CGA student junior file preparer to complement us.
Job duties include:
- Bookkeeping (including bank reconciliations and payroll)
- Working paper File preparation
- Tax preparation – both personal and corporate
- Enrolled in the CGA program
- Above average knowledge of MS word and Excel
- Ability to work under extreme pressure and handle multiple deadlines
- Must be computer literate
- Must be a team player, but able to work independently with little hand-holding
- Must have excellent English skills, both written and oral
- Must enjoy doing what you are doing and be able to meet a multitude of deadlines
- Must have working knowledge of Caseware, Caseview, QuickBooks, Simply Accounting, MYOB and Profile Tax software
Previous accounting experience is preferred; we are able to train beyond that. We are a small, professional yet laid back office; punctuality and good communication skills are a must.
Hours are 37.5 per week (May – January); longer hours during tax season (February – April). We provide benefits after probationary period is met.
Email email@example.com with a cover email and your CV in Word or .pdf or fax to (604) 291-0264. No phone calls please.
This position is available starting May 2012, phone interviews will commence in April.