Staff Accountant – CPA Students welcome!
This is a permanent full-time position.
KH Burch Kientz Inc. is a public practice accounting office in Grand Forks BC. We specialize in providing accounting and taxation services to individuals and businesses, full-cycle bookkeeping, estate taxation, and individual US tax returns. We are an approved training office for CPA students.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Preparation of working paper files and financial statements for compilation, review and audit engagements including applicable tax returns and other required compliance
- Preparation of personal & corporate tax returns and charity information returns
- Preparation of T4s and T5s
- Assistance to clients on bookkeeping and/or software issues
We are looking for an individual who:
- Has post-secondary education
- Has knowledge of accounting principles, income tax, payroll, and GST/PST
- Has previous experience with Caseware, Taxcycle, Quickbooks Online and desktop, Sage accounting, Word, and Excel
- Has strong computer, problem solving and analytical skills
- Has excellent organizational skills, including time management, goal setting and planning
- Works well under pressure and meets deadlines
- Has good verbal and written communication
- Takes full responsibility for work assigned
- Works independently and as part of a team
- Has sound judgment of confidential and sensitive matters
- Is highly motivated, and demonstrates initiative
We will consider a candidate with less experience or education as there is the opportunity for training and advancement within our firm. Details of compensation will be based on the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Our firm offers flexible work schedules, a group RRSP matching program, disability benefits, and professional development and training.
Please send resume to email@example.com