Burnaby accounting firm looking for a full-time, permanent, mature, junior Staff Accountant. You must be enrolled in the CGA program and planning to continue to completion. Small-medium CGA firm in Burnaby with a small amount of audits, plus other files, some U.S. engagements and trusts plus a large amount of T1s. We are a small group of people looking for a junior file preparer to complement us.
Job duties include:
- Bookkeeping (including bank reconciliations and payroll)
- File preparation
- Tax preparation – both personal and corporate
- Working knowledge of MS word and Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple deadlines
- Must be computer literate
- Must be a team player, but able to work independently with little hand-holding
- Must have excellent English skills, both written and oral
- Must enjoy doing what you are doing and be able to meet a multitude of deadlines
- Must have working knowledge of Caseware, Caseview, Quickbooks, Simply Accounting, MYOB and Profile
Previous accounting experience is preferred; we are able to train beyond that. We are a small, professional yet laid back office; punctuality and good communication skills are a must.
Hours are 37.5 per week (May – January); longer hours during tax season (February – April). We provide benefits after probationary period is met.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover email and your CV in Word or .pdf or fax to (604) 291-0264
This position is available starting May 2012